Brothers and Sisters,
This week I have been expressing thanks to our God for the way he so clearly blessed our Called to Flourish Vision Night. Thank you to everyone who served with food, sound, set up and take down, and in a number of other ways. Thank you to those of you who have already enthusiastically responded to the vision through offering to host prayer gatherings or considering how you can serve during this season. The Lord is leading our church, and our primary aim is to follow him by abiding in him— sticking close to him on the journey and continuing to cultivate our intimacy with him as he causes us to flourish.
During our vision presentation we walked through the “path to flourishing”, the key components of our three year vision:
- Advance:Purposefully and prayerfully spreading the good news of the Kingdom in our local community
- Renovate:Stewarding our space for hospitality and long-term ministry
- Give:Investing in kingdom ministry through our vision campaign (spring 2023)
- Celebrate:Rejoicing in 50 years of God’s faithfulness toward our church and anticipating his future work in our midst
Additionally, I shared with you how Gospel advancement begins with kingdom prayer. Kingdom prayer takes places when God’s people join together to pray that the Lord would use them to spread the message of the Gospel and to expand the Kingdom of God in their community.
The following avenues for kingdom prayer are some of the main ways we will be putting our Called to Flourish vision into practice this fall:
- Kingdom prayer sermon series concentrating on the Lord’s Prayer
- Kingdom prayer small group gatherings (once/month in host homes)
- Sunday morning pre-service prayer (9:00am in room 3/4)
- A Praying LifeSunday school series
- A Praying Life Seminar (Friday, November 4-Saturday, November 5)
If you were not able to attend the Vision Night service, you can watch the vision presentation by clicking here.
This coming Sunday we continue in our Called to Flourish vision series focused on Ezekiel 17:22-24.
Click here to access the livestream of this Sunday’s worship service.
A Praying Life Sunday School Class
It’s not too late to sign up for the A Praying Life Sunday school class. A few books are still available in the narthex. This Sunday we will aim to cover chapters 1-2.
Tuesday Night Women’s Bible Study Begins September 20
The Tuesday night women’s bible study will begin on September 20 from 7:00pm to 8:30pm at the home of Valerie Austin. If you would like to participate, please get in touch with Valerie. The group will be studying 1 Samuel with a study guide by John Nielson. All women are invited to attend.
Cleanup Day (AKA Donut Day): Saturday, October 1
Join us for our church cleanup day on Saturday, October 1 from 9:00am-12:00pm.
Karla and Gary Van Der Molen: Please pray for continual strength and encouragement for Karla as she manages ALS.
Sharon Vaughn: Please pray for continued strength for Sharon as her back surgery was cancelled and will be rescheduled.